All EloView® 1.10 & 1.11 features are now available on PayPoint
- 2.2.25 for PayPoint
Elo PayPoint will now have access to all 1.10 & 1.11 EloView® features.
Below is a description of key enhancements.
- Attract Loop - Set a video or a collection of images to play when a device is idle. Once the display is touched, the device returns to the main app deployed to the device.
- Enable Navigation bar - By enabling the navigation bar, employees gain access to all apps on the device, making EloView suitable for employee-facing devices.
- Custom Settings for Web-apps - Two browser engines and user data clearing will be available.
- Alerts - Three levels have been added to enhance visibility of products under management in EloView.
- New Playback content - Two new types of content can be added for playback.
- Significant speed and reliability improvements.
You can now associate a video, application, or a website with your content to play as an “attract loop” after a certain amount of time (user selected) has elapsed.
- A call to action video when the device is not in use.
- A “screensaver” to hide an employee-facing application.
- A tool to change screen content if the main application has a static display image that does not change for a long periods of time.
The content you want to use as attract loop must be first uploaded to your content library. Once you attach an attract loop to an app, it will reside in the “Linked Apps” section of the library, leaving your original app untouched.
Navigation Bar Enables Access to Multiple Apps
You can now enable a Navigation Bar at the bottom of the screen. It has a “Home” and a “Back” button. Pressing “Home” brings up all applications on your device – pre-installed and user-installed. Upon restart, the device will bring back the application scheduled via EloView – however access to other applications will also be available. This feature enables employee facing devices to allow access to multiple applications while in EloView managed mode.
Browser Settings Upgrade
A very popular feature on EloView is the “Kiosk Browser” used to deploy websites. We have made some major upgrades to this capability in addition to the attract loop functionality described earlier.
- You can specify a “timeout period” which will enable the device to return to the home page after the specified period of inactivity (user selected).
- You can select from one of two implementations of browser engines: Native Android or CrossWalk. Websites often perform differently on these two engines and customers can now choose the engine that best suits their website performance.
- You can select to clear user data and cookies upon return to the homepage or at a specified timeout.
- You can show or hide a Navigation Bar and/or a Loading Progress Bar.
EloView now sends alerts based on the severity of the issue.
- P1 Severity - (instant emails) for change of status of apps installed on a device locally.
- P2 and P3 severity - (daily summary emails).
You can enable or disable notification email for each account user.
New Types of Content
You can now upload and deploy movies as well as a series of images on your device. Please note: this type of content is not interactive.
Advanced Over-the-Air (OTA) Updates Management
The ability for our customers to deploy remote and silent updates to the device is a key part of the EloView feature set. As we continue to roll out devices powered by EloView, a frequent request from our enterprise customers is to be able to “fix” to a specific EloView version on the device. Prior functionality allowed for upgrading from the existing version to the latest. We are now adding functionality to upgrade a device to one of four versions. Advanced OTA is one additional way by which Elo differentiates its devices compared to consumer products.
This functionality is accessible through the Devices page - Device - Software, by clicking on the “settings” icon next to the software update link as shown in the image below.
Additionally, customers can now specify a custom URL at which the device will look for an update. This allows customers to store an update locally or on a cache server prior to application that is maintained by the customer. Update files will be available from Elo via a cloud link. To enable this feature, please contact your Elo Sales or Support personnel.
Key Considerations / Impact
To use the new features, your devices must be updated to the latest version.
EloView Product Team