EloView® Feature Release
- I-Series: 1.17.31 IDS Computer Module: 1.15.1028
The EloView product team is excited to announce a major update to EloView. This update contains major feature additions and bug fixes. We will release this update on June 27, 2017 and there will be downtime associated with this update (details at the bottom of this email).
Web App (Kiosk Browser) Update
The Kiosk browser in EloView allows a website (referenced via a URL or as a web archive ZIP) to be deployed to a network or devices in kiosk mode. This is a complex feature which supports two browser engines, a host of settings and also dynamic URLs. The kiosk browser receives a significant update which addresses several performance issues and adds selection of user agents. More information is available here.
As you already know, EloView is offered for a trial period of 90 days. In this period, customers can use the service (without restrictions) in support of your deployment decision. As we continue to grow, from time to time, we will be suspending access for expired evaluation accounts. If you have an existing commercial agreement with Elo, your account will not be affected. We are also limiting APK sizes to 200 MB by default in order to make uploads and downloads smoother. If you have a question, please contact your Elo Sales personnel.
White-listing of Applications
In order to improve security of your devices, we are implementing a way for you to control apps that can be installed or run. You can add a list of “allowed apps” for a device from the Device Settings page in the EloView portal. Once set up, EloView will prevent any applications other than those on the list from being installed or run on the device. More information on this feature is available here.
Enhancement to Devices Page and Import/Export
In order to make device setup more efficient, we are making a few enhancements to the Devices page.
- The device listing will now show firmware version and serial number, and remove “last reboot” column.
- You can now add a group name, site name and site address to device import.
- You can export device, group and firmware version information into a CSV file.
You can now get more reliable connectivity to devices thanks to implementation of a connectivity watchdog. Devices can rarely go OFFLINE in the EloView portal due to prior network upsets or other issues. The watchdog will automatically reboot devices every 24 hours in case they lose connectivity. This is an optional feature you can select if you notice that your devices lose connectivity – i.e. show OFFLINE on EloView when they are in fact connected to the internet.
Key Injection (for MSR on I-series Android)
If you use the magnetic stripe reader (MSR) on I-Series, you will now have the ability to change DUKPT keys on the MSR from the control panel. Previously customers needed to have an APK to program MSR encryption.
- The interactive overlay can now be snapped to the top of the screen (default: bottom) by a user, in case it covers content or links.
- We are initiating a maximum size limit on APKs uploaded into EloView to 200MB in order to make uploads and downloads smoother. Existing APKs in your account will not be affected. If you have a larger APK, please contact EloView support.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, devices were repeatedly asking for EloView account information repeatedly.
- Fixed several issues which caused device online/ offline states not to be shown correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Control Panel password gets reset (EVR-1163).
- Fixed an issue related to Multiple VLAN Support - Ethernet Configuration Error (EVR-1006).
- Fixed an issue related to Outbound Traffic - ES File Explorer(EVR-859).
Method of Distribution and Timing
EloView portal will be unavailable for approximately three hours while we perform this update.
- 7:30 to 10:30 pm U.S. Eastern Time on June 27, 2017
- 1:30 to 4:30 AM Central European Time and 7:30 – 10:30 am China Standard time on June 27
At the same time, a new device version (1.17.31 for the I-Series and 1.15.1028 for Large format IDS Computer Module) will be available as an optional update through the portal for customer acceptance testing. On July 5, version 1.17.31 and 1.15.1028 will become the default to update from the cloud or the device control panel. You can still use other versions via Advanced OTA.
As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.