Video Problems – No Video
- No video, poor video or erratic video:
- — For Windows systems, you should check the screen resolution and refresh rate (to do this in a no-video situation, you will have to connect a working monitor to the system).
- — Control Panel >> Display >>Settings tab
- — The Screen Resolution is generally shown on the left side, center of the window. It can be changed by sliding the arrow left or right in the box.
- — Compare the resolution with the supported resolutions in the monitor specifications (on this site, see Products, select by monitor size, select monitor model number, scroll down to Resolution specifications).
- — Note that LCD monitors have an optimum screen resolution.
- — They will not display a resolution higher than the specified resolution.
- — They will display lower resolutions, but the video quality will be diminished.
- Also, check the Refresh rate.
- — Click the Advanced button on the Settings tab.
- — Select the Monitor tab.
- — The Screen refresh rate should be displayed at about the middle of he Window. Other refresh rates can be selected by clicking the arrow at the right of the drop-down box.
- — Compare the refresh rate with the Hz part of the resolution specifications. Use the drop-down box under the Screen refresh rate to try other refresh rates.
- If these settings do not correct the problem, and if power and cable connections are OK, then contact Elo technical support for further assistance.