EloView® Major Feature Release
- 3.21.27 for I-Series 2.0, PayPoint Plus for Android, PayPoint for Android Rev. B
The EloView product team is excited to announce a device software update to EloView. We will release this update on February 8, 2018 and there will be no downtime associated with this update. Summary of updates below.
Android OS Upgrade
The Android OS used by EloView has been upgraded from 7.1.1 to 7.1.2.
Enhanced functionality of Power and Home buttons
For “PayPoint Plus for Android” and “PayPoint for Android Rev. B”, the Power and Home buttons will behave as follows.
- Long press of Power button for 3-5 seconds will Power off/reboot the device.
- Long press of Power button for 2 seconds will power on the device.
- Short press of Power button will switch the backlight of the device off. The device will continue to run and will wake up on touch.
- Single press of Home button will bring up the Elo home launcher.
- Simultaneous press of Power and Home button will bring up the control panel.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, already turned off WiFi turned on after device reboot.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the display of 10.1” and 21.5” I-series 2.0 switched off unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where, in some I-series 2.0 devices, a black screen was observed after device reboot.
Method of Distribution and Timing
Version 3.21.27 is already available for customer acceptance testing via Advanced OTA. On February 8,2018, it will become the default to update from the device control panel. You can still use other versions via Advanced OTA.