EloView® Feature Release
- I-Series: 1.18.33
The EloView product team is excited to announce a major update to EloView, including new cloud APIs for content operations. We will release this update on October 31, 2017 and there will be downtime associated with this update (details at the bottom of this email.
EloView achieves “best-in-class” security rating
Security is of paramount importance to Elo and its enterprise customers. To that end, Elo has completed a third-party security assessment of the EloView web application and Android device. Evaluation ratings compare information gathered during the course of the engagement to “best in class” criteria for security standards, and ranked EloView at grade “A”, the highest level this third party offers.
Cloud APIs added for content deployment
In order to continue support of modularity of EloView, we have implemented external Cloud APIs for content deployment. Below are the supported APIs.
- Get content: receives package names of content in your library that applies to all types of content.
- Upload app: you can upload an app to the EloView content library.
- Update existing app: you can update an existing app in your EloView content library.
- Deploy content to device: you can deploy an app from your library to a specified device in your account.
- Get content status on device: Receive status of content deployed on the device.
Device-side update is not needed for these APIs to work. Detailed documentation on APIs is located in the Developer section of eloview.com.
Enhancement of Device Control Panel password
You can now specify a custom default control panel password for your account. Upon creating a new account, a randomly generated password will be created – this password can be edited during the account creation process. When new devices (or Groups) are added to an account, they will take on this password as the control panel password rather than the global default password. Device control panel password can be subsequently changed from the Device Settings or Group Settings page. Note that this action ONLY applies to new accounts and does not affect existing accounts.
Turn On/Off online PDF rendering
You can now upload web content that has inbuilt PDF. You will have the option to enable or disable this functionality from the ‘Web contents details’ page by checking/unchecking the ‘PDF support’ checkbox.
Addition of “Viewer” user role
You now have the ability to add “viewer” users to your account. Viewers can view settings, content and dashboard data but will be unable to make any changes. With this addition, EloView has three user types – and we are preparing for further enhancements in user roles.
- Admin: Typically the original user of the account, this user can perform all operations including creating, deleting and updating users.
- Registered users: Can perform all operations except create user, delete user and update user.
- Viewer: Can log into the account, and have view-only access.
Other Updates, including device updates and bug-fixes
- You now have the ability to download Analytics data in CSV format or pull the data via Analytics API, to download, click the “down arrow” on the top of the pie charts in the dashboard.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, using a USB-connected hardware keyboard allowed access to the web browser even in Kiosk mode.
- Fixed an issue where, in certain cases, device would revert to “Automatic Time Zone” after a data reset even if the cloud was set to a specific time zone.
Method of Distribution and Timing
EloView portal will be unavailable for approximately one hour while we perform this update during the following window.
- 6:00 to 9:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time on Oct 31, 2017
- 3:00 to 6:00 AM Central European Time and 6:00 – 9:00 am China Standard time on Nov 1
At the same time, a new device version (1.18.33 for the I-Series) will be available as an optional update through the portal for customer acceptance testing. On Nov 7, version 1.18.33 will become the default to update from the cloud or the device control panel. You can still use other versions via Advanced OTA.
As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.