April 2023 Release Notes for Android 10 Elo Devices
- 5.000.025.0091+p & 5.000.025.0091+ap for I-Series 4 Standard, Backpack 4 Standard, M50, M50C, M60, M60C
- 5.000.025.0069+v & 5.000.025.0069+av for I-Series 4 Value, Backpack 4 Value
On May 4th, 2023, Elo will release a new OS update for its Android 10 devices. This update includes feature enhancements and bug fixes that will improve the performance and usability of these devices. This update will be available for download on the EloView cloud portal as a dropdown OTA and will become the default OTA download on EloView and OEMConfig as of May 11th. Please reach out to your Elo support contact for any additional questions or to request access to a direct download of this update.
New features and enhancements:
- Added support for selecting between different web apps in EloView mode.
- Added support to subscribe to and override key presses when the app is in the background.
- Added QR code support to register AOSP devices to 3rd party MDMs during setup.
- Improved performance when generating reports using the chrome browser.
- Improved the messaging on the EloView screensaver to give status of connection and content.
- Fixed Bluetooth pairing failure issue caused by user confirm dialog not appearing.
- Fixed content dropping issue on Backpack devices.
- Fixed I-Series 4 devices orientation issue, limited to backpacks and handhelds.
- Fixed Deep Link issue on M50, enabling communication between two apps.
- Added API support for the following:
- To set and get the host name of the device.
- To set orientation for Elo I-Series and mobile devices.
- To allow Bluetooth privileged permissions for applications.
- To prevent setting lock screen passcode in single app mode.
- Improvements in registering a receiver to get barcode data.
- Resolved exception error for getDeviceOwnerStatus API.
As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.