Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have answered the most commonly asked questions. If you still have a question, feel free to contact our customer support staff.
There are currently two ways to register a device.
- Auto Register
- Manual Register
This is when you add the device in your account first and then power up your device.
After creating a web account go to the Device tab and then add device. Device can be added by clicking the plus symbol.
It requires two parameters "name" and "Serial Number". "Name" can be anything you like and "Serial Number" is the number found at the
back of the device. After adding the serial number hit enter. The device now is linked with your account.
Power up the device now and you are good to go.
This is where you start your device and then register the device to a your web account.
When you start the device which is not yet registered with any account, the device prompts you to enter username and password.
The User Name and password are the same as your web account. Once the information is entered, the device is registered with the account.
When you login into your web account you should see this device online and all ready to use.
To access the control panel you need to press both the Home and power button simultaneously. A window pops up prompting for Panel password. Once password is entered you will have access.
The current password is "1elo" to access the control panel.
The devices that are added can be deleted from the account. Navigate to the device page on the web account and click on the device that you wish to delete.
After clicking the device you are taken to device detail page. This page has three tabs Details, Software and Setting navigate to settings tab. There you will
see the delete button on the right bottom corner click the button to delete the device.
There are two types of contents that can be added into the device.
- Android apk's
To add android apks navigate to the content tab in your account. In content page,
Click the "Plus" icon present on the left column. A window with two tabs appear -- "APP" and "URL". Dependign on your selection
The "APP" tab takes the following parameter.
- "App Name" - This is a name of the android apk that you are trying to upload.
- "App APK" - This is a mandatory field where you can upload your apk files. You can browse for apk file on the machine by clicking select button.
- "App Icon" - This is an optional field with which you can associate an image to the app. You can select any image on the machine by clicking the select button. If the icon is not selected a default icon is associated with the app.
- "App Description" - This is a mandatory field where you need to provide a small description for the app.
Once all the mandatory fields are entered you can click enter. After this an icon appear in the left colum with the name of the app that you provided earlier.
This application is now ready to be delivered to the device. There are two ways to do it.
- Drag and drop the icon on any device that you want to play this application. The devices are listed under content column on the right.
- Drag and drop the icon on "default" field on the right colum under content section. This action plays the selected android app on all the devices.
- "Website URL" - This is a mandatory field. Enter a complete URL that you want to be played on the device for Example "http://www.google.com".
- "Website Icon" - This is an optional field with which you can associate an image to the url. You can select any image on the machine by clicking the select button. If the icon is not selected a default icon is associated with this URL.
- "Description" - In this field you enter some description about the URL.
Once all the mandatory fields are entered you can click enter. After this an icon appears in the left colum with the URL that you provided earlier.
This URL is now ready to be delivered to the device. There are two ways to do it.
- Drag and drop the URL icon on any device that you want to play this URL. The devices are listed under content column on the right.
- Drag and drop the icon on "default" field on the right colum under content section. This action plays this particular URL on all the devices.
The software on the device can be updated either through the web account or on the device.
Updating software on web account
In the web account navigate to the device page. Select the device that you want to perform software update.After clicking the device you are taken to device detail page. Where you need to select software tab. In this tab you will have a button that shows if any software update is available. Once you click the software update button the device gets updated with the latest software. The software updation usually takes 15 mins so plan it accordingly.
Updating software on the device
In the device you need to open the control panel of the device. Please read the above how to access control panel question to access it. Once you are in the control panel click on the setting tab. You have "update device" button, click the button to start the software update process.
Install and run an App automatically
- Copy Android app in EloViewApp folder on USB thumb drive.
- Plug thumb drive into the LIDS / PayPoint device and go to Control Panel - Apps tab.
- You will see popup – Install LocalApp.
- You can click on it to install the app.
- On reboot this app will run.
This mode turns off once a device is connected to cloud account and can be re-enabled from the cloud.
Windows client can be downloaded from the windows client link that is present in the footer. Once you click the link you are prompted to save or run the file. You can either run it or save it and run the file later.
The device display can be turned on and off at any time. You can navigate to the device detail page in the web account, Select settings tab. On the right column you have "EDIT" button. Press the button to edit the fields. Display Timer field has "On" and "Off" options. The "on" time is the future time you want the device backlight to be turned on and "off" time is the future time you want the display of the device to be turned off.